who,what,why....whatever!

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Racing & resolutions

Positivity in bucketloads today! I ran the 5km Race for Life. Everyone knows the statistics, but somehow seeing people running in celebration of their own fight, or in memory of someone, or for someone who has fought and overcome cancer hits home more. A pretty sobering thought to see all the dedications on peoples backs as they ran.

On a personal level I have finally achieved 2 New Years Resolutions. (Though I refuse to call them that as it all sounds so trite, so make that "Things I plan to do this year!!") These being to enter a competitive race and to raise money for charity. Fantastic - so all I have to do now is publish an academic piece of work and write a novel. Oh and get a flat stomach/thin thighs/pert bum etc etc etc. All of which sound pretty inconsequential and self absorbed when you think about today and the reason for the race.

2 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Yay you!

 
At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home